When we talk about academic results and how to improve them, one of the important factors to consider is the study habits that every student has. Of course, in most cases, almost every habit of a person appeared in childhood, and, very often, they were influenced by parents, individual character traits, or social factors. However, at the same time, one should not forget about such a moment as our gender. Surely you have heard the phrase that women are from Venus and men are from Mars. We are different, and this will manifest itself in all areas of life, and even in study habits. This is not bad and not good, this is what you need to know in order to competently organize the learning process.
So, what do guys and girls do differently?
Gender Differences in Study Habits
- Male students always find it easier to concentrate on one task, which is a feature of male thinking. That is why, quite often, you can see that male students show excellent results in one of the subjects, while the results in other subjects can be significantly lower.
– Female attention is less concentrated, but this does not mean that all female students suffer from ADHD. This means that they are able to perceive and absorb more information and can be “multi-tasking”, performing several tasks at the same time. This feature can be traced thanks to human vision; women have much better peripheral vision, allowing them to see the wider picture.
2. If you need help
– Scientists and researchers noticed this feature not only in the learning process. It’s typical for males to withdraw into themselves and try to solve the existing problem on their own. That is why if a student experiences difficulties in performing, then he will seek help less often than representatives of the opposite sex.
– Women are naturally more sociable, so if you see a group of students who will discuss some problem or try to solve some problem or complete a difficult task together, then in most cases, this group will consist of female students. That is why it is easier for girls to turn to, for example, writing services such as writepaperfor.me to have their essays written.
– Men are less dependent on public opinion, so they can hardly be motivated to study by the fact that someone, be it teachers, classmates, etc. think about them if they do not show high results in their studies. What can make them want to learn and show the best result in this or that subject is the spirit of competition. Feeling the competition, male students can begin to actively engage in and achieve significant academic success.
– Women need to be assessed by society, they experience discomfort from the fact that even a stranger can evaluate their abilities as lower than they are in the opinion of the female herself. That is why they study much harder and often show higher results than male students in most subjects.